I am an Assistant Professor in the Department of Computer Science and Information Technology at the Institute for Advanced Studies in Basic Sciences, where I direct the RoboCG lab. My research interests are in the areas of Robot Motion Planning, Computational Geometry, Algorithms and Graphs, Computer Vision and AI.
Prior to arriving at IASBS, I worked as a Postdoctoral Fellow at the University of Cardiff in the School of Computer Science. In June 2008, I completed my Ph.D. at AmirKabir University of Technology (Tehran Polytechnic), where I also completed a M.Sc. in 2000. My B.Sc. is from University of Birjand.
My main research areas include:
- Robot Motion Planning
- Computational Geometry and applications
- Algorithms and Graph
- Medical Expert Systems
Guest Reviewer for Journals:
Program Committee Memberships:
- Winter Schools on Computational Geometry, 2009-2015.
- Computer Science Conference on Computer and Information Technology (CSCCIT), Tabriz Univ., 2014.
- Conference on Computer Science New Topics (Alzahra University) 2013-2014.
- International Conference on Computer, Information Technology and Digital Media (CITaDiM), Scientific Manager, 2013.
- Contemporary Issues in Computer and Information Science (CICIS), Scientific and Executive Manager, 2010-2012.
- Competition and Conferences on Origami, 2007, 2008 and 2010.
Some Interesting Links:
- Computational Geometry Pages
- The Open Motion Planning Library
- Open Problems on Computational Geometry
- CGAL Home Page